Product Description & Reviews
Designed with an extra-long 9 ¾-Inch blade, the Shun Edo Slicing Knife is perfect for slicing thin pieces of ham, roast, or harder fruit rinds like melon. Ultra-sharp and strong, the VG-10 "Super-Steel" blade retains its blade edge so food wont tear or shred, making for perfect slices every time. Designed for power and precision, Shun Edo knives feature Shuns most advanced ergonomic handle design and blade geometry. Every aspect, from the shape of the blade to the way the handle fits snugly into the users hand, has been designed for maximum comfort and control. Razor-sharp blades, handmade from pure VG10 "super-steel", allow the weight of the knife to do the work. Each blade features mirror-polished edges and a hammered ("tsushime" in Japanese) finish for supreme cutting performance while creating natural food release from the blade. Each knife is sharpened by hand to an extreme 16-degree cutting edge, making them among the sharpest available. The name "Edo", the ancient name for the city of Tokyo, celebrates the Japanese styling of these knives, made in the tradition of Japanese sword-making. Handles are made from resin-impregnated Pakkawood for strength, durability and moisture protection, while their contour provides maximum comfort. The heavy bolster encourages proper knife grip, while handles feature a slight elevation to allow full contact between the knife and cutting surface without the chefs knuckles getting in the way; while their "zero balance" provides additional ergonomic comfort. All Shun Edo knives are NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
Features & Highlights
- 9 3/4-Inch Edo Slicing Knife by Shun; Extra-long blade perfect for slicing through large meats like ham and roasts or fruits such as melons
- Precision forged from one solid piece of VG10 "Super Steel" and "zero-balanced" allowing knives to do all the work
- Hammered "tsuchime" finish creates air pockets for natural food-release, reducing knife drag
- Resin-impregnated Pakkawood handles provide added strength and moisture protection; handle shape is comfortable and reduces hand fatigue
- Knives are hand-crafted featuring ultra-sharp 16 degree cutting edges; widened bolster shape encourages proper grip and reduces forearm fatigue
|Item Weight:||0.59 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.88 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.1 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.